What did you buy this week?

Discuss anything related to pre-painted miniatures, including news of new releases.
Kelfecil
Respected Member

Re: What did you buy this week?

Post by Kelfecil »

tms2331 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:53 pm
bshugg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:45 pm Still on a buying freeze...

...Going to end up with 20 beholder bundles the way I'm going.
Right :lol: I felt like I was splurging on one! Haha. But damn I missed out on the Goblin Camp bundle – looks like they sold out.
KingOfVrock wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:18 pm Picked up this lot of Lost Coast on ebay for $100. Considering just Pazuzu and Shemazian Demon combined go for more than that I think I did OK.
I have a basically like new Shemazian Demon mini that I don't want, is it worth trying to sell it? I wasn't sure it would.
We were heavily considering getting one too, mostly because of the worg, the cool goblin boss and the hut, but the price still feels kinda dumb for them.

Mostly cuz everything else in that bundle was kind meh. :roll:
Kikoli
Honored Cultist

Post by Kikoli »

BBShockwave wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:23 am Nice painted stuff, Kikoli! Congrats!
I will probably look into buying those Nolzur's Metallics too, if Wizkids changes to the new 5.5E stlye for Dragons, as I want Huge versions of all 5.
I'd recommend snapping them up sooner rather than later.

Some of the older Nozlur models are getting harder to come by.
Claugiyliamatar: "Ah, but yes little heroes, if I wanted you dead, I'd be chewing on you right now. Now play nice, listen closely and I might even help you 'save the world' from the giant menace..."
bshugg
Great Old One

Post by bshugg »

Had a box arrive I had forgot that I even ordered from Coolstuff when they had a weekend sale a few weeks back.
Inside was:

Planescape Character miniatures box - Nice looking set, No way near worth full retail but I picked them up for about 40% off which feels right.

Red Dragon Lair - HOLY CRAP this box was heavy. It has about 10 pounds of thick cardboard tiles in it. Honestly that is a big selling point that kind of was lost on me in the small amount of info released on it. Had to be a big chunk of the cost since its a lot of printing and weight for shipping. Minis are nice but kind of skimpy compared to the hefty chunk of tiles. Was hoping for a small scenario book to use them with but no dice. Feel that would be way more helpful then the 12-18th tile in the set and would of been way cheaper for them to print.

Adult Moonstone Dragon
- I about 99% certain I will never use the gem dragons in my campaign. The Sapphire dragon was actually the mini that made me decide to try to collect "at least 1 of everything" because when it was released I thought it was going to be a special limited edition and I had an internal dialog about if I would use it versus wanting it. I decided that since it was a limited special mini that I would pick it up. That led to me rationalizing some other purchases that year and then jumping full in to getting everything. Now I'm on the hunt and very close to being complete!
Check out my BUY LIST in the Selling group!
Yack
Great Old One

Post by Yack »

Bored and drinking.

Put in a Reaper order as I want to paint
Picked up
The Dire Jellyfish
Spikeshell Antipaladin aka a tortle paladin with a hammer.
Ratpelt Kobold leaders as it has female kobolds in the mix (2 at least from I can see)
a pack of four regular zombies
pack of bases (medium x20)
the new Minotaur that is the new Ks but they would not do as an Add-on (so got it)
as freebies it was this month
a Green Dragon Wyrmling called Hiss
And Erebus the evil mage.

Love that Reaper throws in 1-2 free minis of a select list to choose per month.
That really does bring you back again and again.
Been collecting since Harbringer. 3.5 Drunken DM who enjoys gaming, painting and Dwarven Forge terrain. Remember to Shout at the Devil and Up the Irons! ||m||
Mattnuke
Great Old One

Post by Mattnuke »

Yack wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:18 pm Bored and drinking.

Put in a Reaper order as I want to paint
Picked up
The Dire Jellyfish
Spikeshell Antipaladin aka a tortle paladin with a hammer.
Ratpelt Kobold leaders as it has female kobolds in the mix (2 at least from I can see)
a pack of four regular zombies
pack of bases (medium x20)
the new Minotaur that is the new Ks but they would not do as an Add-on (so got it)
as freebies it was this month
a Green Dragon Wyrmling called Hiss
And Erebus the evil mage.

Love that Reaper throws in 1-2 free minis of a select list to choose per month.
That really does bring you back again and again.
Must have been the day. A little bored, sipping a Mai Tai, and sitting on the upper deck after breakfast and I ordered:
3 dire jellyfish
2 gallowhawk
2 sets of fungoids (6 total)
1 set town guards (4 total)
1 set prisoners (3 total)
1 set axolotii heroes (3 total)
1 set goblin wolf riders (2 total)
Got Hiss the young dragon and two limited paints (bruised purple was a no brainer and I don’t think I have oxidized brown).
Warden of the Unreleased Renders
BBShockwave
Legendary Guru

Post by BBShockwave »

I too am bored, but not yet drinking (I am still at work, even if from home).
Fantasywelt had a sale, and unlike MtGandMore/Thiemtwork, they do not add the 9% tax difference within EU shipping (no idea why some stores do and others do not).
Got from them the Adult Lunar Dragon (discounted to 60€), He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Skeletor Reborn (his ram-horned transparent skull version from the pretty good 2021 CGI Netflix show, I rewatched that recently) for 11€, and the Raging Heroes Blood Cats unpainted dominatrix kitties for 26€.

Kikoli wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:41 am
BBShockwave wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:23 am Nice painted stuff, Kikoli! Congrats!
I will probably look into buying those Nolzur's Metallics too, if Wizkids changes to the new 5.5E stlye for Dragons, as I want Huge versions of all 5.
I'd recommend snapping them up sooner rather than later.

Some of the older Nozlur models are getting harder to come by.
FantasyWelt still has them all, some even on sale, between 11-14€. Oddly the Chromatics are more expensive.
Does whatever a Spiderdragon can!

Return to “Pre-Painted Miniatures Discussions”