Wizkids Miniatures - Quality Control issues and their status

Discuss anything related to pre-painted miniatures, including news of new releases.
KingOfVrock
Honored Cultist

Re: Wizkids Miniatures - Quality Control issues and their status

Post by KingOfVrock »

bshugg wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:26 am Anyone else notice a difference in their responsiveness on the different selling platforms?

I purchased a bunch of stuff on their crazy Ebay 1 day sale they had a few weeks back. One of the orders was messed up where they shipped part of one order along with part of a different order but put them on the same UPS tracking. I msged them on Ebay and they responded with in a few hours. I have had 9 back and forth communications in a week and they sorted everything out flawlessly.

I have a mistake on an order on DnDmini.com from January that they still haven't even responded to it.

I put in a request in the service portal for a replacement for a missing arm on my Frost Giant Ice Shaper back in September of 2023 and I haven't received a response yet!
Every time I message their ebay store, I get no response...
There is none higher.
Selling off my extra miniatures - check out post in 'Selling' forum
Kikoli
Honored Cultist

Post by Kikoli »

Can at last put a lid on my Aspect of Tiamat replacement chapter.
She arrived today and she is indeed of great quality.

To share again, the faults with my first one were that she wasn't sitting on her peg correctly and there were glue scrapings left on the base.

TiamatFault1.jpg
TiamatFault1.jpg (359.85 KiB) Viewed 119 times
TiamatFault2.jpg
TiamatFault2.jpg (155.35 KiB) Viewed 119 times
TiamatFault3.jpg
TiamatFault3.jpg (161.5 KiB) Viewed 119 times

Been a long while coming, but Wizkids has been open about why and apologized for the delays and mistakes along the way, so I'm okay with it.

Tiamats.jpg
Tiamats.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 119 times
TiamatReplacement.jpg
TiamatReplacement.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 119 times

As you can see, the newer one has no glue scrapings on the base and her foot is setting on the peg and flat against the base, as it should have been. Mistakes happen for sure, but I'm happy with the eventual outcome for this mini, given Tiamat is one of my favored baddies.
Claugiyliamatar: "Ah, but yes little heroes, if I wanted you dead, I'd be chewing on you right now. Now play nice, listen closely and I might even help you 'save the world' from the giant menace..."
KingOfVrock
Honored Cultist

Post by KingOfVrock »

Kikoli wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:02 pm Can at last put a lid on my Aspect of Tiamat replacement chapter.
She arrived today and she is indeed of great quality.

To share again, the faults with my first one were that she wasn't sitting on her peg correctly and there were glue scrapings left on the base.

TiamatFault1.jpg
TiamatFault2.jpg
TiamatFault3.jpg

Been a long while coming, but Wizkids has been open about why and apologized for the delays and mistakes along the way, so I'm okay with it.

Tiamats.jpg

TiamatReplacement.jpg

As you can see, the newer one has no glue scrapings on the base and her foot is setting on the peg and flat against the base, as it should have been. Mistakes happen for sure, but I'm happy with the eventual outcome for this mini, given Tiamat is one of my favored baddies.
And they didn't make you send the old one back? this just infuriates me even more about insisting on shipping mine which cost a fraction of tiamat.
There is none higher.
Selling off my extra miniatures - check out post in 'Selling' forum
Mattnuke
Great Old One

Post by Mattnuke »

KingOfVrock wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:55 pm And they didn't make you send the old one back? this just infuriates me even more about insisting on shipping mine which cost a fraction of tiamat.

Probably because, as far as shipping is concerned, Kikoli might as well live on another planet…😂
Warden of the Unreleased Renders
BBShockwave
Legendary Guru

Post by BBShockwave »

Yeah, same with me. I mean shipping a few minis to the USA would cost around 15$ minimum.

Interesting, I assumed your Tiamat had more serious issues. My Young Adult White Dragon had the same problems of being too warped to fit the pegs, and was broken off most of the pegs when it arrived. I just took off the mini from the pegs and used hot water to fix the leg and glue it back to the base. But I understand that the paint and scratches on the base would look pretty bad and more easy to see on a Gargantuan.
Young Adult White Dragon broken.jpg
Young Adult White Dragon broken.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 50 times
In other news, my Batiri Battle Stack replacement arrived. I admit I opened the box while holding my breath, but thankfully, this one did have all the arms and spears!
Does whatever a Spiderdragon can!

Return to “Pre-Painted Miniatures Discussions”